In my head, I was thinking will I be able to get response from the students. How will the students react when they see me?. Will they like me?. Hell. So many things were on my mind as I made my way up to the third level of Block A, Computer Room 1.
Well, I'm just an IT Trainer. Teaching IT to Sec 1, Sec 2, Sec 3NT and Sec 4NT. But, I really do enjoy being an IT Trainer. Interacting with students, helping them out so they are computer literate and being able to pick students who have talent in media. Whats more. You can actually see their work. See their creativity. See their nonsense. But, still I do love it.
You teach them what you know hoping that at the end of the day they will get the message and they have already had the skills. Teaching them IT is not easy especially when one does not or rarely touch a computer before. What's more, teaching them like what most of us did in poly and ITE is really a challenge. You do not have any assistant. You are alone. You have to know the pace of the students. Sometimes, they really test my patience. Sometimes, I have to let it out to them. But, at the end of the day, when you see their work, you just smile not because you are happy, but you know that you are a useful teacher. You know that your students went home with knowledge. You are at ease.
It's really an honor teaching at CHIJ St Theresa's Convent. Not only the students, but my colleagues, do play a part. Everytime when I'm tired, I knew I had someone to bitch with, to complain and to share the jokes with. They appear at my top 10. The ones I went batam with for staff retreat.
Today, I really do miss those feelings. Feelings of wanting to start the lesson with ice-breakers for my sec 1, introducing and recalling what they had learnt for sec 2, introducing website design for sec 3 and preparing website design for sec 4.
With god willing, I am actually hoping to be a teacher. But obviously, I want to work in any media industry. In fact, I'm supposed to study, but somehow I cant.
Only a day left to KL!. Have fun working and school dear readers.